Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About the New Girl

I have dreams of being this witty, cool, funny blogger...with followers a mile long. Best not to set expectations too high though, so I'll start by saying that even one reader - even if it's my mother - feels good. (Hi Mom!) Honestly I'm afraid I'll start this blog and run out of posting ideas within 12 hours.

So I'll just start with a little bit about me, because that's a start, right?

My name is Megan. I live in the Washington, DC area with my wonderful husband T and my adorable puppy. I will call him T because he's opposed to blogging and all forms of social networking and needs some assurance (however weak) of identity protection.

I grew up in North Carolina, went to the greatest university on earth (go Heels!) and thought it'd be a great idea to move up to DC after graduation to pursue a job with a Big Media Company.

That all worked out well and good, but I always missed home. I always missed the South. I missed my family...the friendliness...the ease of getting around...the ample parking lots...the much, much, much lower cost of living. And just as I was about to throw in the towel, say goodbye to Big Media Company and move back to the sunny South, I met a fellow displaced Southerner...now known as the love of my life. Because his line of work requires that we be near our nation's capitol, here we are.

I grumble about this from time to time (especially after a trip home) but in all honesty, I know I am extremely blessed to have a husband so gainfully employed. And now home is wherever he is.

In 2009 we got married, bought a house and adopted a sweet puppy. Now I spend my time writing for a living, setting up our house, playing with our puppy and generally loving life.

We may not live in the South, but we'll always be Southerners at Heart. (See how I did that? How I worked in the blog title? Subtle, right?)

I don't think anyone is even reading this. Except Mom. (Hi again, Mom!)

1 comment:

  1. I am reading it! I stumbled upon your blog- it seems really cute and I think you are really going to love blogging. And who knows? Maybe soon you'll have followers a mile long :)

    ReplyDelete